CFP Board Ethics Course #100121
One Low Price: $29 - Includes Online Exam with Instant Grading!
(Scroll down to register.)
Formal Program Title: Ethics CE: CFP Board’s Revised Code and Standards
Program Sub-title (registered with CFP Board as): CFP Board Ethics Course
This course was revised and updated on 4/1/2021.
This program fulfills the requirement for CFP Board approved Ethics CE. The program is designed to educate CFP® professionals on CFP Board's new Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct, which became effective on October 1, 2019.
CE Hours: 2
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
CFP Board Program ID: 248718
This course is available in one self-study format only: "On-Demand Video," and it must be viewed online. The video is 100 minutes long and it is divided into six modules. There is an online exam that can be accessed once the video presentation has been completed.
In accordance with CFP Board requirements, the course materials and exam cannot be downloaded or printed.
The goal of this program is to position the application of CFP Board's Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct as the foundation for ethical financial planning.
By the end of this program, the participant should be equipped to:
1. Understand the structure and content of the revised Code and Standards, including significant changes from prior rules.
2. Describe CFP Board’s Fiduciary Duty.
3. Identify Material Conflicts of Interest and How to Avoid, or Fully Disclose, Obtain Informed Consent, and Manage Them.
4. Understand the Duty to Report to CFP Board and the Duty to Cooperate.
5. Identify the Practice Standards When Providing Financial Advice that Requires Financial Planning or Financial Planning.
6. Understand the Duty to Provide Information to Clients When Providing Financial Advice and/or Financial Planning.
Taking the Exam Online
Per CFP Board requirements, the exam for this course is "closed book," and it must be passed in a maximum of three attempts (after three attempts, you must view the on-demand video again before you can resume taking the exam). Exam results (correct, incorrect answers), and certificate of completion are posted to your account once you have passed the exam.
Credits are reported weekly.
Discounts and shipping/handling, if applicable, are added during checkout
Questions? 800-588-7039 (Bus./EST)
|On-Demand Video and Exam Price