What Advisors Should Know About Identity Theft #193919
Course Details, Learning Objectives, Table of Contents
Scroll Down to Register
This is a Beacon Hill Course-in-a-Book™ title: A self-study CE course that is based on an industry book that is popular with financial professionals.
For this Course-in-a-Book™ title, you have two purchase options:
- Purchase the "Hardcopy Book (mailed), Online Exam" or
- Purchase the "Online Exam ONLY (You Have the Book)" - In this case you already own the book or you will be purchasing the e-Book from the publisher.
(Also open the above link: Course Details, Learning Objectives, and Table of Contents.)
This course and exam are based on the book Identity Theft Alert by Steve Weisman (FT Press, 2015).
No one is immune to identity theft: children, the elderly and even the dead have been victimized. Identity theft can be high-tech, low-tech, or even no tech, via "dumpster diving." You and your clients are vulnerable, and you need to act.
This course provides you with practical steps to safeguard your identity and to help your clients protect theirs. It covers what to do, how to do it, and what to stop doing: the common, inadvertent behaviors that could be setting you up as a victim. The course will help you to understand, anticipate, and prevent all the forms of identity theft, including:
• Identity theft via Facebook and other social media
• Identity theft via your iPhone or Android smartphone
• Theft of your credit or debit cards, and other access to your finances
• Crime sprees performed in your name
• Medical identity theft that could lead to you getting the wrong treatment–and could even kill you
• The fast-growing scourge of income tax identity theft, including stolen refunds.
Field of Study: Financial Planning
Program Level of Complexity: Overview
This course is registered with the CFP Board ( (Course ID #195650).
Taking the Exam Online
The online exam is included in the price and is accessed through your account.
The exam may be started, stopped, then resumed at a later date.
The exam is "open book," it is not timed, and it may be retaken if not passed (no charge).
Results (correct, incorrect answers), and certificate appear once you pass the exam.
CFP Board credits are reported weekly, if applicable.
How To Register Online
1. Enter Quantity
2. Select Purchase Option
3. Click Add to Cart
4. Click Begin Secure Checkout or Continue Shopping
5. If prompted, login (or Create an Account).
6. Return to "My Account" to view your online exam.
Discounts and shipping/handling, if applicable, are added during checkout
Hardcopy courses may also be purchased by phone: 800-588-7039 (Bus./EST)
|Hardcopy Book (mailed), Online Exam Price
|Online Exam ONLY (You Have the Book) Price