Tax Cut and Jobs Act Individual Tax Preparation #292320
Course Details, Learning Objectives, Table of Contents
(scroll down to order)
Course publication/revision date: This course was published 2/28/2020.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA), signed into law during the closing days of 2017, will significantly affect tax planning and the income tax liability for many taxpayers. This course will examine the principal changes affecting individual taxpayers made by the TCJA.
It examines the provisions of the TCJA with increased potential to affect the taxation of individuals and which are related to changes in:
- Individual and capital gains tax rates;
- Standard deduction and exclusions;
- Income and adjustments to income;
- Itemized deductions in Form 1040 Schedule A;
- Form 1040 Schedule C;
- Tax credits;
- Individual alternative minimum tax (AMT);
- Taxation of unearned income of minor children;
- Qualified tuition plans;
- ABLE accounts;
- Tax treatment of student loan indebtedness discharges;
- Net operating losses; and
- Affordable Care Act individual responsibility requirement.
In addition, it will consider the business-related TCJA provisions affecting individual taxpayers, including the pass-through deduction for qualified trades or business under IRC §199A.
Course, Credit, Sponsor Information
Open link (above): Course Details, Learning Objectives, and Table of Contents.
Author: Paul J. Winn, CLU, ChFC
Subject Area: NASBA (CPA): Taxes; IRS (EA, OTRP): Federal Tax Law Update.
Course Format Options
If you purchase the "Online Book and Online Exam" option of a course, you get anytime access to the course (in PDF) and the online exam. Both can be printed.
If you purchase the "Hardcopy Book and Online Exam" option, you get online access to the course-PDF and exam, PLUS printed copies of both, sent via USPS or UPS.
Taking the Exam Online
Online exam is included in price and is accessed through your account.
The exam may be started, stopped, then resumed at a later date.
The exam is "open book," it is not timed, and it may be retaken if not passed (no charge).
Results (correct, incorrect answers), and certificate appear once you pass the exam.
IRS CE credits are reported weekly, if applicable.
How To Register Online
1. Enter Quantity
2. Select Purchase Option
3. Click Add to Cart
4. Click Begin Secure Checkout or Continue Shopping
5. If prompted, login (or Create an Account).
6. After checking out, return to "My Account" to view your course and online exam.
Discounts and shipping/handling, if applicable, are added during checkout
Hardcopy courses may also be purchased by phone: 800-588-7039 (Bus./EST)
|Online Book, Online Exam Price
|Hardcopy Book (mailed), Online Exam Price