Asset Allocation-Balancing Financial Risk #142119
Course Details, Learning Objectives, Table of Contents
Scroll Down to Register
This is a Beacon Hill Course-in-a-Book™ title: A self-study CE course that is based on an industry book that is popular with financial professionals.
For this Course-in-a-Book™ title, you have two purchase options:
- Purchase the "Hardcopy Book (mailed), Online Exam"
- Or, if you already own the book, you can purchase the "Online Exam ONLY (You have the book)"
(Note: There is no e-Book available for this course).
(Also open the above link: Course Details, Learning Objectives, and Table of Contents.)
This course and exam are based on the book Asset Allocation: Balancing Financial Risk, by Roger Gibson, CFA (5th Ed. 2013)
In Asset Allocation: Balancing Financial Risk, Roger Gibson, CFA, explains how financial advisors can apply historically tested asset allocation principles in their practices. Grounded in the principles of modern portfolio theory, this fifth edition of his investing classic explains how and why asset allocation works. Gibson demonstrates how adding new asset classes to a portfolio improves its risk-adjusted returns and how strategic asset allocation uses, rather than fights, the forces of the capital markets to achieve financial success.
Topics in this edition include:
- The success of multiple-asset-class investing during the stock market's "lost decade"
- Methods for forecasting long-term asset class returns and the limitations of prediction
- The dangers of market timing and the challenges involved in tactical asset allocation strategies--with insights from the field of behavioral finance
- Observations from the Global SIDONI Financial Crisis of 2008 and what it means for the multiple-asset-class investor.
Field of Study: Investing
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
This course is registered with the CFP Board (Course ID #196432).
How To Register Online
1. Enter Quantity
2. Select Purchase Option
3. Click Add to Cart
4. Click Begin Secure Checkout or Continue Shopping
5. If prompted, login (or Create an Account).
6. Return to "My Account" to view your online exam.
Discounts and shipping/handling, if applicable, are added during checkout
|Hardcopy Book (mailed), Online Exam Price
|Online Exam ONLY (You Have the Book) Price