CFP Board Ethics Course #100121
One Low Price: $30- Includes Online Exam with Instant Grading!
(Scroll down to register.)
NOTE: Effective January 1, 2023, certficant CFP ID numbers are required for CE reporting purposes. Please go to your My Profile page and check the CFP box and enter your CFP ID number (Log in, go to "My Account", then click on "My Profile" at the top of the page, scroll down to "Professional Licenses & Designations").
This course was last revised and updated by CFP Board on 4/1/2021.
This program fulfills the two-hour requirement for CFP Board-approved Ethics CE. The program is designed to educate CFP® professionals on CFP Board's current Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct, which went into effect on October 1, 2019.
IMPORTANT—This course was developed by the CFP Board, and it comes with special requirements:
- The course is available in one self-study format only: "On-Demand Video," which must be viewed online (the course materials and exam cannot be downloaded or printed).
- The Power Point-based video is 100 minutes long and it is divided into six modules.
- All six modules must be viewed before you can take the online exam (the link to open the exam will become visible once you have completed the six modules).
- There are several exercises in the course that contain a link to a video that the CFP Board has posted to YouTube. If your company has network settings that prevent employees from viewing videos online, you will need to take the course through your home network.
- The exam is "closed book" — once you open the exam, you will no longer be able to view the video modules (however, prior to opening the exam, you can go back over any of the modules to review the material).
- The exam for this course must be passed in a maximum of three attempts. Note that the second and third attempts contain several questions that are different than those used in the first attempt. After three unsuccessful attempts, you must start over by viewing all six modules again before resuming the exam (you must first call us to reset the course).
- Once you pass the exam, you must complete an online course evaluation before your exam results and certificate of completion are posted to your account.
- Once you have completed the course (when the certificate is posted to your account), we will report your credit hours. We report on Tuesdays and after the end of the month.
For additional information, see pictorial instructions for taking the course (or go to our Support page on our website).
CE Hours: 2
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
CFP Board Program ID: 248718
The goal of this program is to position the application of CFP Board's Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct as the foundation for ethical financial planning.
By the end of this program, the participant should be equipped to:
1. Understand the structure and content of the revised Code and Standards, including significant changes from prior rules.
2. Describe CFP Board’s Fiduciary Duty.
3. Identify Material Conflicts of Interest and How to Avoid, or Fully Disclose, Obtain Informed Consent, and Manage Them.
4. Understand the Duty to Report to CFP Board and the Duty to Cooperate.
5. Identify the Practice Standards When Providing Financial Advice that Requires Financial Planning or Financial Planning.
6. Understand the Duty to Provide Information to Clients When Providing Financial Advice and/or Financial Planning.
Questions? 800-588-7039 (Bus./EST)
|On-Demand Video and Exam Price