Child Custody and Support Course #195521
Course Details, Learning Objectives, Table of Contents
Scroll Down to Register
This is a Beacon Hill Course-in-a-Book™ title: A self-study CE course that is based on an industry book that is popular with financial professionals.
For this Course-in-a-Book™ title, you have two purchase options:
- Purchase the "Hardcopy Book (mailed), Online Exam" or
- Purchase the "Online Exam ONLY (You Have the Book)" - In this case you already own the book or you will be purchasing the e-Book from the publisher.
(Also open the above link for Course Details, Learning Objectives, and Table of Contents.)
This course and exam are based on the book Child Custody and Support by Emily Doskow, Attorney, (5th Ed., 2021)
This course provides an overview of the legal aspects of child custody and support for advisors with clients going through a divorce. The course covers:
- how negotiation and mediation can keep costs down and improve future dealings with your ex
- where to find your state’s child support guidelines
- how judges make custody decisions
- how to enforce and change custody and support orders
- how court trials work
- how Covid-19 is affecting custody arrangements and family court hearings, and
- when you need a lawyer and how to work with one.
You’ll also find specifics about each state’s laws, including what factors courts consider when they rule on custody arrangements, what happens when one parent wants to move away with the children.
Field of Study:
CFP Board: General Principles of Financial Planning
NAPFA: Financial Planning Process
IDFA (CDFA): Financial Planning (Divorce)
Level of Complexity: Overview
This course is registered with the CFP Board (Course ID #245562), and the IDFA (CDFA).
How To Register Online
1. Enter Quantity
2. Select Purchase Option
3. Click Add to Cart
4. Click Begin Secure Checkout or Continue Shopping
5. If prompted, login (or Create an Account).
6. Return to "My Account" to view your online exam.
Discounts and shipping/handling, if applicable, are added during checkout
|Hardcopy Book (mailed), Online Exam Price
|Online Exam ONLY (You Have the Book) Price