Essential Guide to Divorce for Advisors #195822
Course Details, Learning Objectives, Table of Contents
Scroll Down to Register
This is a Beacon Hill Course-in-a-Book™ title: A self-study CE course that is based on an industry book that is popular with financial professionals.
For this Course-in-a-Book™ title, you have two purchase options:
- Purchase the "Hardcopy Book (mailed), Online Exam" or
- Purchase the "Online Exam ONLY (You Have the Book)" - In this case you already own the book or you will be purchasing the e-Book from the publisher.
(Also open the above link: Course Details, Learning Objectives, and Table of Contents.)
This course and exam are based on the book Essential Guide to Divorce by Emily Doskow, J.D. (9th ed., 2022, Nolo).
The course covers the emotional and financial challenges faced by clients who divorce later in life and who can face complicated issues of blended families, health care concerns, and retirement planning.
The course will help financial planners prepare for engagements with clients who are going through a divorce. The course covers:
- An overview of the divorce process
- Factors that lead to costly divorces and options for resolving tough divorce-related financial issues
- Essential financial information that needs to be gathered
- Child support and custody
- Property division, including family businesses
- Retirement benefits
- Tax consequences and planning considerations
- Legal rights
- Working with other advisors, lawyers, or mediators.
Field of Study:
CFP Board: General Principles of Financial Planning
NAPFA: Financial Planning Process
IDFA: Financial Planning (Divorce)
Level of Complexity: Overview
This course is registered with the CFP Board (Course ID #257422) and the IDFA
How To Register Online
1. Enter Quantity
2. Select Purchase Option
3. Click Add to Cart
4. Click Begin Secure Checkout or Continue Shopping
5. If prompted, login (or Create an Account).
6. Return to "My Account" to access your online exam.
Discounts and shipping/handling, if applicable, are added during checkout
|Hardcopy Book (mailed), Online Exam Price
|Online Exam ONLY (You Have the Book) Price