Information Security: Networks #700921
Course Details, Learning Objectives, Table of Contents
Scroll Down to Register
This course was updated on 5/20/2021.
Internal control requires that the information systems in a company are secure, reliable, and can be trusted. Cyberattacks and data breaches represent one of the greatest threats to a company’s information systems. This course covers the importance of network security for all types of businesses and practices. The course will:
- Identify the vulnerabilities and define safeguards for computers, networks, networking components, software applications, and mobile devices.
- Describe the threats that can compromise the computers and company data such as viruses, trojans and phishing.
- Describe some simple steps that users can take to properly protect themselves from any threats that penetrate the network and protect confidential company data.
- Discuss how to create a data security plan and an information security risk management plan along with some recommendations and best-practices for keeping networks safe.
Course, Credit, Sponsor Information
(See Table of Contents and Learning Objectives, above)
Course Format Options
If you purchase the "Online Book and Online Exam" option of a course, you get anytime access to the course (in PDF) and the online exam. Both can be printed.
If you purchase the "Hardcopy Book and Online Exam" option, you get online access to the course-PDF and exam, PLUS printed copies of both, sent via USPS or UPS.
Taking the Exam Online
Online exam is included in price and is accessed through your account.
The exam may be started, stopped, then resumed at a later date.
The exam is "open book," it is not timed, and it may be retaken if not passed (no charge).
Results (correct, incorrect answers), and certificate appear once you pass the exam.
IRS CE credits are reported weekly, if applicable.
How To Register Online
1. Enter Quantity
2. Select Purchase Option
3. Click Add to Cart
4. Click Begin Secure Checkout or Continue Shopping
5. If prompted, login (or Create an Account).
6. After checking out, return to "My Account" to view your course and online exam.
Discounts and shipping/handling, if applicable, are added during checkout
Hardcopy courses may also be purchased by phone: 800-588-7039 (Bus./EST)
|Online Book, Online Exam Price
|Hardcopy Book (mailed), Online Exam Price