Home Office Deduction #291821
Course Details, Learning Objectives, Table of Contents
Scroll Down to Register
Course publication/revision date: This course was updated on 2/11/2021.
Home Office Deduction examines the federal income tax deduction for business use of a home. It addresses the qualifications for a home office deduction and the actual expense and simplified methods of determining the deduction. In addition, it discusses the special home-office deduction rules applicable to daycare facilities and the recordkeeping requirements applicable to taking a home office deduction. It considers where the deduction should be taken and the forms a tax preparer should use in connection with the deduction.
This course will examine the federal income tax deduction for business use of a home and will discuss:
- Qualifying for a home office tax deduction;
- Determining a taxpayer’s home office deduction using the actual expense and simplified methods;
- The special home-office deduction rules that apply to daycare facilities;
- The taxpayer’s home-office deduction recordkeeping requirements; and
- Where to take the deduction and the forms a tax preparer must use in connection with it.
Course, Credit, Sponsor Information
Open link (above): Course Details, Learning Objectives, and Table of Contents.
Author: Paul J. Winn, CLU, ChFC
Subject Area: NASBA (CPA), CFP®: Taxes.
IRS: EA, OTRP: Federal Tax Law.
Course Format Options
If you purchase the "Online Book and Online Exam" option of a course, you get anytime access to the online course (in PDF) and the online exam. Both can be printed.
If you purchase the "Hardcopy Book and Online Exam" option, you get online access to the course-PDF and exam, PLUS we send you printed copies of both via USPS or UPS.
Taking the Exam Online
Online exam is included in price and is accessed through your account.
The exam may be started, stopped, then resumed at a later date.
The exam is "open book," it is not timed, and it may be retaken if not passed (no charge).
Results (correct, incorrect answers), and certificate appear once you pass the exam.
CFP Board, IRS CE credits are reported weekly, if applicable.
How To Register Online
1. Enter Quantity
2. Select Purchase Option
3. Click Add to Cart
4. Click Begin Secure Checkout or Continue Shopping
5. If prompted, login (or Create an Account).
6. After checking out, return to "My Account" to view your course and online exam.
Discounts and shipping/handling, if applicable, are added during checkout
Hardcopy courses may also be purchased by phone: 800-588-7039 (Bus./EST)
|Online Book, Online Exam Price
|Hardcopy Book (mailed), Online Exam Price